Sebastian Vettel has taken the lead of the F1 driver’s championship with a dominant win at the Korean Grand Prix.
This was Vettel’s third consecutive win and his teammate managed to secure second place for a Red Bull one-two. Mark Webber had started on pole position but he immediately lost the lead to Vettel off the line. Webber tried to fight back and retake the lead at turn three but Vettel fought him off and after this, he was free to pull away.
Fernando Alonso managed to fight his way into third place during a busy first lap, but once he was third, he had no answer for the pace of the two Red Bulls in front of him.
McLaren had a rather bad day out, which saw Jenson Button taken out on lap one when Sauber’s Kamui Kobayashi hit him and Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg at turn three.
Lewis Hamilton suffered from a broken rear anti-roll bar, which caused him to destroy his tyres. He eventually fell to tenth place before his car picked up a large piece of astroturf on the closing laps that sealed his tenth place finish.
Felipe Massa easily dispatched Hamilton during the race and was closing on Alonso when he received a call to hold position, finishing fourth. It’s looking more and more like he has secured his future with the Italian outfit.
Vettel now leads the championship by six points, it's still anyones game and we can't wait to watch the rest of the season unfold.
F1 Korean Grand Prix - results
1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1:36:28.651
2. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 8.231
3. Alonso Ferrari + 13.944
4. Massa Ferrari + 20.168
5. Raikkonen Lotus-Renault + 36.739
6. Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes + 45.301
7. Grosjean Lotus-Renault + 54.812
8. Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1:09.589
9. Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1:11.787
10. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 1:19.692
11. Perez Sauber-Ferrari + 1:20.062
12. Di Resta Force India-Mercedes + 1:24.448
13. Schumacher Mercedes + 1:29.241
14. Maldonado Williams-Renault + 1:34.924
15. Senna Williams-Renault + 1:36.902
16. Petrov Caterham-Renault + 1 lap
17. Kovalainen Caterham-Renault + 1 lap
18. Glock Marussia-Cosworth + 1 lap
19. Pic Marussia-Cosworth + 2 laps
20. Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps
Next Page : Practice